When the sun comes out so do the crowds of fans jumping with excitement to see their favorite bands and artists perform at music festivals like Coachella, according to an article in the Mustang Daily. Luckily, in San Luis Obispo there are many venues these famous acts typically like to perform at on their way up or down the coast.
Since huge music festivals can be a bit pricey for broke college students, many choose to wait to see their favorite bands perform locally for a more reasonable price. Usually when bands perform at these small venues in SLO prices range from $20-$40, compared to the hundreds festival-goers dish out.
These are some of the artists that will be performing in SLO this spring.
- The Postal Service- April 12th at Alex Madonna Expo Center
- Passion Pit- April 14th at Pozo Saloon
- Modest Mouse- April 17th at Alex Madonna Expo Center
- The Expendables- April 18th and 19th at SLO Brewing Co.
- Andre Nickatina- April 26th at SLO Brewing Co.
Tickets for these events are as follows.
- The Postal Service- sold out, but may be able to find one (overpriced) on Craigslist
- Passion Pit- $30
- Modest Mouse- sold out
- The Expendables- $20 in advance and $22 at the door
- Andre Nickatina- $23 in advance and $25 at the door
So even if you are a broke college student who can’t afford to attend the giant music festivals like Coachella, you can still see the same artists locally in SLO at a much lower price.
To find out more about all the different artists coming to these SLO venues soon, check out this article in the Mustang Daily.